ISSN 1175-9003 (print), ISSN 1179-352X (online)
Edited by: Dr Ruth Falshaw
Aims and scope
New Zealand Plant Protection is the journal of the New Zealand Plant Protection Society. It publishes original research papers on all aspects of biology, ecology and control of weeds, vertebrate and invertebrate pests, and pathogens and beneficial micro-organisms in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and natural ecosystems. A summary or a selected aspect of every paper published in the journal is presented orally at the Society’s Conference.
New Zealand Plant Protection has been published under various names since 1948:
- 1948 – 1951: Proceedings of the New Zealand National Weeds Conference (volumes 1-4)
- 1952 – 1963: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed Control Conference (volumes 5-16)
- 1964 – 1991: Proceedings of the New Zealand Weed and Pest Control Conference (volumes 17-44)
- 1992 – 1999: Proceedings of the New Zealand Plant Protection Conference from 1992 to 1999 (volumes 45-52)
- 2000 – current: New Zealand Plant Protection since 2000 (volumes 53 on).
Potential contributers are encouraged to read the instructions for authors.