In 2023, the NZPPS is offering two $1,000 travel grants to attend the Society’s conference in Rotorua for members affected by severe weather events this year.
- NZPPS welcomes applications from a wide range of members, including technical staff and scientists.
- Applicants must be current members of NZPPS and have paid ordinary membership for 5+ consecutive years. Contact the secretary to check your eligibility.
- Recipients of the travel award in the previous 3 years are ineligible to apply.
- Current Executive members are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants must describe the value of their proposed travel to plant protection in New Zealand.
- Applicants will need to list all international scientific research and conference travel they have made in the previous 3 years, as preference will be given to those who have had less opportunity to travel.
- Applicants will need to have endorsement of their application as a true record from their current employer or direct manager.
- Funds must be used to attend the NZPPS conference being held from 8 – 10 August 2023 in Rotorua.
- The successful applicant will be required to write a short report for the NZPPS newsletter detailing benefits derived upon their return from travel within 3 weeks.
- Make your application by clicking the Apply Now button below.
- Applications must be received by the secretary by 1 July.
- A subcommittee from the Executive Committee screens application forms that do not meet criteria above and decides finalists.
For enquiries, contact the secretary.
- 2022: Virginia Marroni
- 2021: Karyn Froud
- 2020: not awarded due to Covid-19 pandemic
- 2019: Joel Vanneste
- 2018: Toni Withers
- 2017: Reiny Scheper
- 2016: Stephanie Sopow
- 2015: Joel Vanneste
- 2014: Anis Rahman