NZPPS Travel Award
Travel Award funds amounting $2,500 are to be used at the discretion of the successful applicant, including use for conference attendance, and/or training, either nationally or internationally.
- NZPPS welcomes applications from as wide a range of members as possible, including technical staff as well as scientists.
- Applicants must be current financial members of the NZPPS and have paid ordinary membership for at least 5 consecutive years. Contact the secretary to check your membership eligibility.
- Current members of the NZPPS Executive are excluded from that year’s award.
- Applicants must describe the value of their proposed travel to plant protection in New Zealand.
- Applicants will need to list all international scientific research and conference travel they have made within the previous 3 years, as preference will be given to those who have had less opportunity to travel overseas recently.
- Applicants will need to have a signature to endorse their application as a true record from a current employer or direct manager.
- Funds must be used within 1 year of receipt (normally at the annual NZPPS conference dinner in August).
- The successful applicant will be required to write a short report for the NZPPS newsletter and website detailing the benefits derived. This must be received before the annual conference immediately following receipt of the scholarship.
- Download an application form.
- Applications must be received by the secretary by 1 July, being just over a month before the annual conference.
- A subcommittee from the NZPPS executive screens out any application forms not meeting eligibility criteria above and decides on up to 10 finalists. When there are more than 10 eligible applications, the finalists are be decided on the basis of benefits to New Zealand plant protection, with preference for those applicants who have had less opportunity for travel in previous years.
- At the annual NZPPS conference dinner, the names of the finalists are placed in a hat and the NZPPS president randomly draws the winner. The recipient does not need to be present at the dinner in order to receive the award.
For enquiries, contact the secretary.
- 2016: Stephanie Sopow
- 2015: Joel Vanneste
- 2014: Anis Rahman