Activities of the NZPPS
The New Zealand Plannt Protection Society aims to pool and exchange information on the biology of weeds, invertebrate and vertebrate pests, pathogens and beneficial organisms and methods for modifying their effects.
To do so, we carry out a range of activities, including:
- Holding an annual conference
- Publishing a peer-reviewed scientific journal
- Advocating on behalf of plant protection in New Zealand
- Awarding scholarships and a prestigeous medal to recognise and encourage high quality contributions to plant protection in New Zealand
- Afilliating with similar societies throughout the world